United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies.
Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Cloud Infrastructure and software services organization provides global cloud infrastructure services across multiple public and private cloud providers including 24x7 highly available, secure, and reliable technical operations of all applications and databases in Medidata clinical cloud.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Engineer to join our Cloud Operations team to help us progress the process maturity of our applications, infrastructure and the services behind Medidata's cloud platform with focus on automation, availability, latency and scalability
- Work with Cloud Platform Engineering teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Develop, Install, test and debug automated tasks. (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Using industry best practices, you'll oversee application troubleshooting, maintenance, identification, escalation and resolution of issues.
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions.
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands.
- Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms.
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortem.
- Hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale production environments for application or infrastructure services at enterprise level preferably on AWS.
- Programming skills in Java or Python or similar OOP.
- Strong in Linux, Ubuntu and Windows dotnet OS.
- Experience with NewRelic, Sumo Logic/Splunk or other log monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation, idempotent deployments testing, continuous delivery pipelines (eg GoCD/Jenkins), and documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of operatin
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City / New Jersey. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than NYC / NJ, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $79,500 to $106,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.