Customer Success Manager
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for driving the ongoing satisfaction, adoption enablement, and outcomes realization for Medidata's customers. They act as internal champion to coordinate the cross-functional motions required for sustained customer success and growth. Key focus areas will include retention, advocacy, adoption, and growth for a defined portfolio of customers.
· Lead the development and execution of action plans to achieve identified customer outcomes for a defined portfolio of accounts
· Manage customer interactions in a manner that establishes credibility and trust as a business advisor to a specified portfolio of accounts
· Collaborate cross-functionally to shepherd customers through an optimal customer journey that engenders strong satisfaction, supports high-levels of software utilization, and enables true business value attainment.
· Maintain an effective account governance process in collaboration with customers key stakeholders as well as the internal account team.
· Execute growth, advocacy, and adoption plays at named accounts to increase customer utilization, maturity, and drive demand for incremental solutions.
· Achieve outcomes based on the measurement of key performance indicators for a defined portfolio of accounts.
· Maintain a portfolio of accounts with low churn, high adoption, and high health scores.
· Advocate customer needs/issues cross-functionally to complete full resolution by developing and running cross-functional remediation/escalation plays.
· Provide timely updates to commercial teams about potential qualified opportunities.
· Continually work to improve the Customer Success methodologies, including processes and documentation across Medidata
· Advocate on behalf of the Customer Success organization, internally and externally, to show our specialization in customer satisfaction, adoption, and outcomes enablement.
· Evangelize Customer Success cross-functionally to promote the work being done by the CS organization
· Familiarity with customer success organizations
· Orientation toward problem solving with a systematic and managed approach
· Technical aptitude with an ability to understand SaaS and software business models
· Social Skills for interactions with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams
· Urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
· Empathy for customers
· Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills
· Business acumen including experience working in a B2B environment
· Influence abilities through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
· Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Your Education & Experience:
· Experience within life sciences or medical devices industry experience; clinical trial software or similar a plus
· Experience in marketing, customer success, sales, or services
· Experience in a direct customer facing role