Intelligent Trials Product Owner Intern
Internship, Software Development
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Medidata AI internship program is a competitive and comprehensive 12-week program. We provide pioneering data and analytics products to most of the $100B pharmaceutical development industry and our team is made up of product owners / managers, data engineers, product engineers, data scientists, product designers, and business experts.
We are looking for a product owner to be an integral part of this dynamic team and help manage product development efforts. Our team leverages industry-leading data assets and analytics to build SaaS solutions that transform the clinical development industry, driving clinical and operational success for our clients and partners.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program. The Product Owner role on the Intelligent Trials team is based out of New York City. This role is intended for students who are currently pursuing a Master’s degree program in business or a quantitative discipline with an anticipated graduation date on or before June 2024, depending on their program.
The Intelligent Trials Product Owner will be working on one of the Intelligent Trials product teams. They will be managing the discovery, requirements, design and development of key product features.
The Intelligent Trials Product Owner will be part of a product management team composed of a product director, other product owners and scrum masters. They will be working very closely with product designers, data engineers, product engineers, and quality engineers. They will be interacting with customers and internal business experts to get feedback on the feature(s) they are managing.
This internship will provide an opportunity to manage the development of complex and AI-powered SaaS products / APIs. Specific skills include being able to understand a product’s longer term vision and strategy, articulating how a specific feature aligns with and supports this strategy, leading product discovery to minimize risks in advance of putting a feature on the product roadmap, getting customer feedback, writing requirements and acceptance criteria, and having the ability to work with a cross-functional development team to ensure successful delivery of feature(s).
This internship also offers a unique opportunity to participate in an Innovation Lab. This allows interns to partner with industry leaders and cross-functional teams to work on a real-world business problem that Medidata currently faces. All participants present their solutions to the leadership of the AI team, and the winner presents to the SVPs and CEO of Medidata and other key leadership.
- Translate business needs into requirements for a technical audience, including creating user stories, defining acceptance criteria, and documenting feature overviews
- Work across an interdisciplinary team of designers, analysts and engineers to prioritize and coordinate tasks, monitor progress, help resolve issues, and facilitate team meetings
- Perform product discovery and data-driven analyses to develop recommendations and guide product decision making
- Participate in and support interactions with clients to collect customer feedback to be translated into business requirements that can drive product adoption
- Coordinate and assist in the testing of new products and features
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Demonstrated curiosity and passion for products and solving customer problems
- Self directed with the ability to own and lead initiatives
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and recommend business decisions
- Ability to work with technical team members with varying skills and levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (in a quantitative or business discipline, e.g. business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field) and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $32.00 to $37.00 per hour with a $3500 sign on bonus.