Market Development Specialist
Singapore - SGP, Singapore
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata
Market Development Specialist plays a strategic role in identifying and developing new potential customers or unexplored markets. The responsibilities of a Market Development Specialist include:
- Active self-prospecting to discover and qualify potential business opportunities across clinical and research and development companies
- Build relationships and discover opportunities with prospects and customers, identifying key decision makers, in new potential markets
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our Life Science products and solutions, as well as competitive landscape (Medidata, Biovia and 3DS Brands) so as to be able to have meaningful conversations and deliver high level life science message overview during customer meetings.
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales team on activities & and follow up on Marketing-generated leads in a timeline manner & subsequently coordinate warm lead hand off to Field Sales
- Maintain disciplined records of correspondence in Salesforce, take ownership of identifying, structuring and running Sequences in Outreach within the target territories
- Work hand in hand with sales & solution consultant to identify opportunities, set up 3-way meetings with customers, and provide updates and status through cadenced calls.
- Stays up to date on trends in eClinical Technology and Life Sciences industries by researching on Internet, industry publications, and third party tools to identify new buying centers
- Explores trendsetter ideas by researching industry related publications and announcements, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Cold calling(BDR/ MD/ OD) experience covering Australia, ASEAN & India markets through remote prospecting supported by disciplined sales methodologies
- Proven record of software or SaaS (eClinical Technology and Life Sciences preferred) telesales experience in the APAC region
- Conduct Executive level discussions from VP to CXO and solution selling
- Excellent organizational, SFDC record keeping, reporting and time management skills
- Strong collaboration with marketing & sales teams
- Self-motivating, organized, and able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Command of spoken and written English is a must.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- 3 – 5 years of previous tele-sales experience required
Medidata Solutions International Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.