Regional Account Manager
China - SH, Shanghai
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Regional Account Manager is responsible for achieving revenue objectives in the assigned territory. This includes identifying sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion.
· Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within the assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
· Develop and execute strategic sales plans as it relates to specific opportunities within assigned territory
· Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
· Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
· Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
· Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company stems as directed, including SalesForce.com
· Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
· Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals
· Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
· Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
· Strong application software sales experience
· Working knowledge of life sciences industry
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated success with process approached selling
· Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
· Strong business planning and organizational skills
· Must have the local language skill for the area assigned and business level English.
Your Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Requires a minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience, preferably in CRO and technology industry.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience, preferably in CRO and technology industry.
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Strong application software sales experience
- Working knowledge of life sciences industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
Equal Employment OpportunityIn order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Medidata are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Medidata is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Medidata will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.