Senior Product Owner
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary platform and advanced analytics. At Medidata, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including product, delivery, data science, engineering, partnerships, and biostatistics. Successful Medidata AI candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication, and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people.
Who we're looking for:
- The Senior Product Owner is a key role on our Intelligent Trials product management team that leads the design, development, and commercialization of our operational analytics suite of solutions. The data and AI driven insights from Intelligent Trials help our customers bring drugs to patients faster by optimizing trial design, improving planning, and monitoring trials in real-time against changing industry conditions.
- This role will be part of a broader team of data and application engineers, predictive modelers, designers, testers, and business experts. The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for developing product requirements, supporting management of cross-functional engineering efforts, performing analyses, and synthesizing insights to accelerate the development and commercialization of cloud-based analytics products.
- Support management of data science based software product development involving large amounts of data, statistical modeling / machine learning, design, prototyping, and customer feedback
- Translate business needs into requirements for a technical audience, including creating user stories, synthesizing use cases, defining acceptance criteria, and documenting feature overviews
- Work across an interdisciplinary team to prioritize and coordinate tasks, monitor progress, help resolve issues, and facilitate team meetings
- Perform data-driven analyses and develop recommendations to guide decision making
- Participate in and support interactions with clients to collect business requirements and drive product adoption
- Coordinate and assist in the testing of new products and features
- Help develop external communication material by translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences, and developing key messaging
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive business decisions
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in an agile development environment
- Ability to manage the work from teams of widely varying skills and levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail with ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for development
Requirements (Education & Experience):
Bachelor’s degree (in a quantitative or business discipline, e.g. business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field) and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree and 2 years of work experience; or equivalent work experience
Familiarity with technical and analytics concepts such as databases, APIs, data visualizations, statistical analyses, and machine learning models
Familiarity with Agile development processes and JIRA
Work experience with SQL, experience with R or Python a plus
Advanced skills in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word to conduct ad-hoc analyses
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $96,000 - 128,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.