Senior Vice President, Technology & Product, Study Management & Clinical Operations
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
In this role, you will be the owner for our clinical operations solutions including Payments, eTMF, and CTMS both internally and externally leading strategy, product, and engineering.
Who we are looking for:
This is a highly-visible role that will lead a large and global team. You will report to our Head of Product, R&D. You can be located in either our NY or NJ office and will be a hybrid in office role.
- Set Medidata’s overall clinical operations strategy including market positioning, definition of product portfolio, and oversight of execution, including P&L ownership
- Lead product and engineering teams to define, scope, and deliver high quality, competitive products to the market Work with marketing, sales, and finance to define market offering and support the build of pipeline
- Act as a Product expert and champion both with Customers. Join customer meetings, conferences, and other public events as a representative of Medidata
- Manage the Portfolio P&L
- Provide guidance to product managers in the specification and management of product development efforts and ensure product teams execute on plans and work within our cross-functional product management lifecycle framework to deliver against milestones, through collaboration with key internal stakeholder functional organizations.
- Oversee the scope and content of product releases, sets timelines for those releases, and works with your team to manage the development and validation efforts to those timelines
- Establish formal Customer Engagement Programs to strengthen customer relationships and ensure flow of input into product strategy and product roadmaps
Your Education & Experience:
- Broad and strategic understanding of the clinical operations space
- Deep experience with CTMS best practices, regulatory requirements, and technological landscape
- Experience building / leading product development of SaaS solutions
- Leadership in product management, user experience teams and business analysis for large enterprise software
- Excellent product evangelism
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where handling pressure and achieving deadlines are normal
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires 10 years overall experience; 5 years’ experience in the healthcare/clinical field
- Requires 10 years of people and project management experience of 10+
- Requires experience in clinical operations and in the clinical trials space
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City / New Jersey. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City / New Jersey, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $252,750 to $337,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.