Solution Sales Specialist, Medidata AI
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Sales Specialist – Medidata AI (Value Discovery Engine, Intelligent Trials, Integrated Evidence) sales. The role will work closely with the ACORN AI Leadership Team and Sales leaders as well as Client Executive Managers. This is a sophisticated data and analytics solutions sales role focused on solving pressing issues for life science companies performing clinical trials. This position will report to the Vice President Sales.
This position requires a poised and seasoned self-starter who can execute with minimal direction as well as take initiative; a builder who can create strong working relationships, processes and outcomes; adept at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. A new business mindset is required for this role. Interact and sell at C-Level
· Use Competitive Intelligence to understand the strategic direction of clients and align/propose how Acorn solutions can help them achieve those goals.
· Professionally prepare for meetings, document outcomes, vision and proposals for use with executives
· Comfortable dealing with and presenting to C Suite level executives on business outcomes as well as data and analytics, machine learning and AI solutions and approaches
· Contract and negotiations of complex arrangements including co-sell and risk based agreements
· Broaden the awareness and understanding and opportunity creation for ACORN AI working closely with Account Managers
· Drive increased pipeline of opportunities and therefore successfully meet quarterly, half and annual sales objectives
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with data, analytics, machine learning, AI and platforms for cloud:
· Knowledge of clinical trials, clinical research and the life sciences industry dynamics and issues
· Strong sense of customer focus, being able to meet needs of internal and external customers, understanding customer requirements and responding appropriately in line with business objectives
· A strong new business profile is required
· A creative, analytical and intuitive marketer with strong attention to detail.
· Executive presentation skills
· Self-motivated and directed with ability to work autonomously on individual projects as well as in a team. The ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive outlook is critical.
· An effective communicator with experience leading teams and influencing stakeholders
· Willingness to travel
Your Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
· Related experience, with knowledge and experience in the life sciences industry - especially in the clinical development area, preferred