Sr. Agile Project Manager (SAPM)
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
We have an opportunity for a strong Senior Agile Project Manager to join our team in New York developing cloud based software solutions for clinical trials.
In this role, you will manage internal software development projects in a regulated environment. The Senior Agile Project Manager will also work across the portfolio with Product Managers, functional stakeholders and management to ensure standardized processes are established across the software development lifecycle and release management to drive the development of high quality, high value software products within an Agile environment.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with the team. Active participant in discussions. Can successfully lead discussions when expected to do so Has excellent written skills
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate command and control of meetings (as appropriate) Has total respect and confidence from the team. Comfortable communicating at all levels and is effective at doing so
- Can construct presentation material, and deliver it, to audiences of any level. Communicates tactfully, in a mature and controlled manner (both verbally and written)
- Full accountability for release planning: management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects. Manage the complete Software Development Lifecycle
- Ensures that the Product Team delivers against schedule, scope, resource/cost, and quality targets using the Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Responsible for product release coordination. Ensures smooth collaboration among extended team members for each product release including Engineering, Product, Testing, Tech. Content Strategy, Knowledge Mgmt, Global Compliance, Service Delivery, Sales, Marketing, Reporting, and the Executives team
- Responsible for Risk Management. Anticipate and manage risks, publish a product team risk register, proactively communicate risks/issues to management in a timely manner, and offer creative solutions
- Responsible for publishing and maintaining project plans, schedules, issues lists, status reports, and meeting agendas with action items
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date, basic, working knowledge of core products which his/her assigned product team is working on
- Ensure standardized processes are established across software development lifecycle and release management
- Perform Scrum Master functions: schedules and leads the release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming and daily scrum activities
- Perform metrics driven release tracking, Team performance, Product Quality reporting
- Ensure the product team has capacity to execute within each sprint. SAPM will resolve capacity and resource issues in collaboration with the Solution Lead(s)
- Leads product teams in adopting Agile / Scrum methodology via training and coaching. SAPM will encourage self-organized teams, but is accountable for Agile usage
- Leads process improvement initiatives within the Technology organization
- Supports PMO Manager(s) in agile/scrum mentoring / coaching of project managers and agile teams
Your Education & Experience:
- Previous project experience in managing technology intense application projects.
- Background in applying rigorous project management practices preferred
- A history of successfully delivering commercial software products on-time, on-budget with the agreed upon scope preferred
- Experience with implementing large scale systems a plus
- Agile, SCRUM
- PMI certification (for example, PMP or PMI ACP, or PRINCE 2) a plus
- Background in a regulated environment preferred
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC required
- Proficiency with Jira Agile, Confluence, GoogleDocs a plus
- Experience in managing release planning till release deployment
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.