Sr. Strategic Service Account Manager
China - 31, Shanghai
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
- Hunt for new professional services business opportunities in existing customer accounts
- Interface directly with the VP’s of Professional Services and their direct reports regularly about their account activities
- Work with the RAM and VP’s of Implementation Services to help manage the overall relationship and expectations with a sponsoring client or CRO from a professional services perspective for all services and deliverables across all Medidata functions
- Present to all accounts new and existing where applicable all professional services offerings, methodologies and support structures to assist in bringing on new clients and expanding business in existing clients
- Advise of any potential customer issues and new business opportunities
- Grow Medidata’s penetration, through relationship building, within the client via high customer satisfaction
- Actively team with sales organization and professional services org to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain referenceable clients
Responsible for selling the company’s consulting or other professional services (e.g., analysis, re-configuration, contract manufacturing or clinical research services/solutions, etc.); primary responsibility may include finding and generating new customers
Develops new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within an established geographic territory, industry, product segment, or channel
Level Description - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
Barriers to entry such as technical committee review exist at this level. The most senior level individual contributor sales account manager
Viewed as an expert by the company and in the field. Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
Has complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with sales/development of new or strategic products
Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups
Responsible for selling the company’s products or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts
Responsible for the development of new business opportunities or emerging areas
Focuses on critical, large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts
May have a leadership role. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
Your Education & Experience:
Typically requires 12 years related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 year experience; or equivalent experience.
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of field sales experience. In some companies, management personnel will perform these functions
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.