Medidata Founders’ Scholarship
The Medidata Founders' Scholarship
This scholarship honors Medidata’s two co-founders, Glen de Vries and Tarek Sherif, who have led the company together for over twenty years. To lift up the next generation of leaders, disruptors, innovators and changemakers, this award is presented in their honor to two students dedicated to helping the world find smarter treatments for more patients more quickly. Recipients will be awarded $10,000 in tuition scholarship when they accept an invitation to join Medidata’s 2021 Summer Internship program.
At Medidata, we are deeply committed to becoming a more diverse and inclusive company and creating a sense of belonging for all employees. We believe the future of our industry lives in the minds of our youth. Our goal is to encourage students to advance their learnings in Computer Science and related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) disciplines. This scholarship supports students who demonstrate diversity of thought and leadership in advancing patient health outcomes. Medidata will consider students’ extracurricular activities and preference will be given to students who can prove that they have had a positive impact in their communities.
This scholarship is open to college sophomores and juniors who are currently enrolled in an accredited four year college or university located in the United States and the United Kingdom. For consideration, students must meet the following requirements:
– Studying to obtain their first bachelor’s degree
– Grade point average of 2.8 or higher
– Already completed at least 48 credit hours
– Currently attending a four year public and/or state college
– Within two years of earning a B.S. or a B.A in a math, science, or technology degree, including life science and science education, at the time the award is received (Summer 2021)
– Demonstrated financial need (written statement)
– For U.S. applicants: proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
– For U.K. applicants: proof of eligibility to work in the U.K.
Applicants May not be:
– Relatives of Medidata employees or Board of Directors.
– Medidata employees
Strong Applicants Will:
– Demonstrate a desire to positively impact society in their future career through current activities and community involvement.
– Plan to enter into a STEM career that will create sustainable solutions for the future.
– Provide evidence that they are hardworking and have overcome obstacles.
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is December 31, 2020. Interviews will be conducted in January 2021 and two award recipients will be selected by February 15, 2021.
The students selected for the scholarship will automatically be accepted into Medidata’s Paid Summer Internship program at our Headquarters in NYC or our UK office, starting in May 2021. A housing stipend is provided.
Meet a Past Recipient:
Medidata launched its first Founders’ Scholarship program in 2019 for students who are pursuing a degree in STEM and committed to transforming the world. The scholarship includes a $10,000 grant and the opportunity to have an internship at Medidata the following summer. Learn more about Faisal in the interview below and stay tuned as we launch our second quest for a 2021 Founders’ Scholarship recipient in October.
- What is included in the scholarship?
- Medidata will select two scholarship recipients.
- Recipients will be awarded $10,000 in tuition scholarship AND offered a position in Medidata’s paid Summer Internship program.
- Where can I learn more about the internship program?
- You can find more information on our Social Responsibility Page under STEM Education.
- Where can I find the application?
- You can find the information here (link to jobvite)
- Should the application be typed?
- Yes, the application must be typed. At the link above please fill out all required fields, including essay questions.
- What is the application deadline?
- Applications close at midnight on December 31, 2020
- How many recommendations are required?
- We require two recommendation letters.
- Who can write my recommendations?
- You may request recommendations from teachers, professors, or other professional (work) references. Please do not submit personal references.
- When will the recipient be notified?
- Finalists will be contacted in late January 2021 for a short interview process with the Scholarship Committee. Award recipients will be announced in mid February 2021.
- If I need additional assistance, who can I contact?
For further questions please contact Erika Singer (firstname.lastname@example.org).