United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Sales Account Executive is responsible for achieving booking, revenue, & profit objectives within their assigned account territories, including identifying sales opportunities through daily prospecting, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging Medidata resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Inside Sales Account Executives create and build consultative, long-term relationships with their customers in order to create tailored, cost effective solutions. Personal involvement in customer relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction are essential in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
- Daily outbound calling through established campaigns to prospective customers / prospects
- Consistent attainment of booking, revenue, and profit targets within assigned territory
- Attainment of daily, weekly, quarterly productivity metrics
- Establish and expand relationships with “C-Level” decision makers within customer / prospect organizations. Maintain well-coordinated internal relationships with key decision makers
- Educate prospects on Medidata’s value proposition and solution portfolio
- Develop external relationships with Medidata partners / CRO’s
- Development and execution of sales plan as it relates to developing a new book of business / newly assigned territory
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Partner with Market Development Specialists to close mid-market lead opportunities
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including Salesforce.
- Build customer loyalty, provide an excellent experience, achieve retention rates
- Weekly / monthly / quarterly Pipeline forecasting
- Complete administrative work as required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5+ years of previous tech / software sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Application software sales experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant sales experience
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $57,000 to $76,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.