United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Achieving revenue objectives in geographic or specifically-named account territories for Medical Device & Diagnostics (MD&D) companies in the North America region. This will include identifying sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. In addition, he/she is responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata and Dassault Systemes business principles.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
- Development and execution of sales plans as it relates to specific opportunities within assigned territory
- Marketing the company’s products and/or services with well-qualified prospects and existing customers; Acquire new customers and sell additional products or services to existing ones.
- Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including SalesForce.com
- Participate in company sponsored events and marketing campaigns designed to stimulate more brand and product awareness
- Working knowledge of life sciences industry, with a medical device focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Application software sales experience a plus
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of successful telesales experience
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $57,000 to $76,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.