Administrative Assistant (1 year contract)
Finance, Fixed Term Contract
Japan - Tokyo
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will, on a day-to-day basis, provide high-level administrative support to Japan Sales team of Medidata and work on special projects as assigned. The AA is the representative of the Vice President, Japan Sales, and acts as a liaison with Company employees and board members as well as the public.
- Handle requests for information.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Commercial team support as requested.
- Arrange conference calls and meetings (on- and off-site).
- Organize and maintain calendars, including interaction with external and internal resources, from assistants to executives
- Coordinate travel and prepare subsequent expense reports
- Conduct research as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High degree of professionalism absolutely required, including: Discretion and the ability to maintain strict confidence, Sound judgment, Integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly effective interpersonal skills at all levels within the Company and with external customers, board members and the public
- Superior project management skills, including driving high-quality and on-time deliverables
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with sometimes little or no supervision
- Strong decision-making ability and analytical thinking
- Flexible, positive approach in a fast-paced environment
- Command of Native level Japanese (read/write/speak) with fluent English.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts preferred.
- Commercial support experiences preferred.
- 5+ years as an assistant