Associate Business Process Specialist Intern
Fixed Term Contract, SERVICES & CONSULTING
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 22, 2023, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
As a member of the Professional Services Operational Excellence team, we’ll invite you to work on the supporting tools, processes, technical solutions that enable Professional Services (PS) to work efficiently to support client engagement, implementation and execution and develop the skills of an Associate Business Process Specialist in 2023.
With senior mentorship, you’ll pair on projects like:
Process development including as-is to be mapping, creation of process flows
PS tool support such as issues, and maintenance updates
The Associate Business Documentation Process Specialist is responsible for supporting existing tools created by the OpEx team that PS has created, support the creation of new tools and document business processes and the interactions within and across departments, in relation to the implementation of Medidata Clinical Cloud (MCC) software and client enablement processes. This person will build their skills in business analysis as well as project management and process implementation.
- The Associate Business Documentation Process Specialist is responsible for supporting existing tools created by the OpEx team that PS has created, support the creation of new tools and document business processes and the interactions within and across departments, in relation to the implementation of Medidata Clinical Cloud (MCC) software and client enablement processes. This person will build their skills in business analysis as well as project management and process implementation.
- The specific project will capture the business requirements for the Professional services work at risk project.
- Include goals / objectives; product area(s)
- Create user requirements documentation by working with various PS and Sales stakeholders
- Create user stories
- Support development of technical requirements document and design by working with technical development Sales Operations team
- Which roles and people will the intern will be working with
- This role will require interactions with all the different Professional Services delivery teams, Sales Operations and Sales.
- What specific experience or skills will be gained, and what can they include into their portfolio after the internship is over?
- Analysis skills will be required to develop business requirements documentation
- Creation of process flow maps to document these tools
- Documentation skills will gained as the candidate will build requirements and documentation around the various tools
- Collaboration in a matrixed environment will be experienced
- Software development skills to assist in technical requirements documentation and technical design
Good analytical skills
Currently pursuing a Bachelors/Masters
Rising Junior or senior
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $25 to $28 per hour with a $3,500 sign on bonus.