Business Development Specialist
United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Market Development Associate, you will support the Market Development team with developing relationships with prospective and existing customers with the goal of acquiring new customers and selling additional products or services to existing ones. This is considered to be an entry-level position with potential for career advancement.
- Maintain customer and prospect contacts within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Triage inbound leads generated from trade shows, webinars, and other events
- Research companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and contract research organization (CRO) industries on the Internet, industry publications, and third party tools to identify new targets and selling opportunities
- Assist with outbound market development email and calling campaigns
- Participate in company-sponsored events and marketing campaigns designed to stimulate more brand and product awareness
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work in a professional team environment
- Passionate and with a high-level of curiosity and interest in learning
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Business
- Pharma/biotech or SaaS experience a plus
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City/New Jersey. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than NYC/NJ, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $42,750 to $57,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.