Business Development Specialist
United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Join the North American Business Development Team, part of the Medidata Solutions NAM Sales Team, responsible for promoting the Medidata portfolio directly to our customers. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will help identify and develop new potential customers or unexplored markets in a focused portfolio set. Working with the Demand Marketing, Account Executive and Product Specialist teams to build net new pipeline and qualify marketing generated pipeline to drive increase in business for Medidata Solutions.
- Build and execute a business development strategy to build the business within your specific assigned territory and portfolio.
- Build relationships with new contacts specific to your territory to generate demand for a specific Medidata portfolio, research and exploration of a prospects core challenges
- Generate and qualify identified opportunities with the support of technical specialists
- Coordinate qualified opportunity handoff from the Business Development team to assigned Account Managers
- Update activities completed on Salesforce and Outreach to ensure accurate reporting
- Participate in company-sponsored events and marketing campaigns designed to stimulate more brand and product awareness
- Work through Medidata NDA agreements with internal and prospect/customer legal councils to ensure the necessary paperwork is completed
- Adaptable with a willingness to learn. Medidata have a strong growth culture driven by employees always looking at how to grow and improve in their role
- Organized with an ability to balance the needs of multiple internal stakeholders in order to show demonstrable business impact on the sales pipeline
- Passionate about the life science industry and improving the lives of patients by bringing novel therapeutics to market.
- We are looking for someone who will "own" their own business. The right person will be driven by client engagements and actively seek out their challenges to provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Confident in communicating via multiple channels with prospective customers in an enthusiastic and engaging manner
- Team play who is driven to exceed in own business
Your Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of Clinical Development/Laboratory environment
- Successful Sales/Business Development experience including overachieving against sales goals and a working understanding of sales methodologies
- SaaS sales experience (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science (preferred)
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $42,750 to $57,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.