Business Development Specialist – Remote
United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Business Development Specialist, you will expand our customer base by researching and using prospecting strategies to identify qualified leads both new and in existing accounts. Initiate first outreach with potential customers and set meetings for the Sales Account Executive team.
- Complete extensive research through tools such as the internet, industry publications and our third-party tools to identify new targets and sales opportunities
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Educate prospects on the Medidata Platform Products
- Maintain records of correspondence in Salesforce
- Support and coordinate warm lead hand off to Area Sales Account Executives
- Participate in company sponsored events and marketing campaigns designed to stimulate more brand and product awareness
- Meet goals of qualified opportunities and meetings set for Area Sales Account Executives
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of software sales
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- Previous lead generation/business development experience
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $36,750 - $59,667.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $39,000 - $52,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $36,000 - $44,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $33,000 - $44,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $36,750 - $59,667.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off (subject to management discretion); and 10 paid holidays per year.