Cloud Platform Applications Engineer, Clinical Sensor Data
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata’s Sensor Cloud team is building capabilities in ingesting, normalizing, and analyzing physiological data collected from wearable sensors and remote devices. This platform host and facilitates the development of embedded analytics that correlate validated biometrics and algorithm outputs to traditional clinical assessments, fostering collaboration to enable the discovery of novel biomarkers and digital endpoints
Who are we looking for?
You are integral in building Sensor Cloud's analytics capabilities, creating services that take high and low - frequency data from various sources, apply processing routines and deliver outputs. You will design, implement, deploy and support our Sensor Cloud analytics platform. You are a seasoned, hands-on developer, passionate about data management and processing efficiency, and will individually contribute the following:
- Design and develop the data processing layer of a scalable SaaS platform responsible for I/O of biometric observations, clinical and transactional data
- Specify and implement large-scale data pipelines, dashboards, APIs and other I/O interfaces for queuing, NoSQL storage, and application-to-application data exchange
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server clusters, computing applications and other IT infrastructure components
- Document code, test and maintain applications as new functionality is developed and new deployments and revisions rolled out
- Communicate and work closely with management to schedule and drive delivery of features, estimate task timeframes, and follow agile iteration processes
Demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self-motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment
Requirements (Education & Experience):
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or relevant experience
- Experience building scalable applications/data pipelines in a distributed environment or comparable achievements
- Proficient in Python (experience with Web or ML frameworks a plus)
- Experience/Familiarity in:
- UNIX tooling
- Database technologies (SQL, NoSQL a plus)
- Containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes)
- IaaS and platform vendors (AWS stack a plus)
- CI/CD and automated testing harnesses and infrastructure
- Agile software development, revision control, collaboration, and build tools
- Experience with handling sensor or clinical data
- Experience productizing research outputs from scientific teams
- Clinical research knowledge or having worked in a regulated environment
- Web Development experience (Js/React, HTML/CSS)
- Knowledge of clustering / distributed systems: ELK, Kafka, Storm, Spark, RMQ...
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.