Customer Solutions and Success Optimization and Enablement Analyst Summer Intern
Internship, Management & Operations
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 22, 2023, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact
Customer Solutions Success Optimization and Enablement team is responsible for leading cross functional teams in the implementation and execution of initiatives that improve customer experience and drive customer adoption of new products and enhancements.
The Optimization and Enablement Team also serves as a thought partner for strategic initiatives by:
- Leading cross functional collaboration to improve processes
- Improving awareness and understanding of product releases and launches through communication
- Enabling sustainable improvement through education and adoption management
The CSS O&E Analyst I intern role will be a supporting pillar to the above and the responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Learn Medidata’s release content development cycle
- Develop process documentation to reflect improvements
Developing templates and content as needed to support consistency and quality of written and recorded communication across the enablement team
Partner with stakeholders to create and update communication and training content for upcoming releases
Supporting quality standards through detailed fact-checking, quality control, and rigorous adherence to methodological standards
Developing reports and presentations on initiatives to create a seamless story to directly empower decision-makers at all levels of the company
Conduct stakeholder surveys, analyze data and contribute to development of insights to improve communication and training
- Proficient in MS Excel and Powerpoint and/or Google Sheets and Slides
- Project execution & ownership skills - strategic thinking and accountability to plan, track, and report on the progress of your assigned scope of work
- Teamwork - Ability to partner with team and stakeholder members to execute assignments within identified timeframes
- Problem solving & critical thinking - Ability to recognize project risks and blockers, and effectively communicate issues alongside remediation ideas, in a timely manner
The candidate is expected to have strong communication and time management skills, the ability to own pieces of a larger project, and effectively communicate their progress to the team leader.
- An interest in life sciences or the technology sector
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to understand and communicate with technologists
- Self-learner and self-starter; Eager to understand business processes, stakeholder needs, and technologies
- Comfortable working in and contributing to team objectives
- Strong project management skills a plus; Detail-oriented, well organized, and an ability to prioritize work
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $25 - $28 per hour with a $3500 sign on bonus.