Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst Intern
Information Technology, Internship
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 20, 2024, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
The Position: As a College Intern - Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our experienced team of cybersecurity professionals to learn and contribute to the field of threat intelligence. This internship program will provide you with valuable real-world experience in assessing, monitoring, and mitigating cyber threats.
- Familiarity with Information Security concepts (CIA triad, pyramid of pain, MITRE ATT&CK Matrix e.g.)
- Familiarity with cybersecurity tools, such as SIEM, threat intelligence platforms, or network analysis tools
- Knowledge of common threats
- Knowledge of system vulnerabilities and discovery tools
- Demonstrated experience with at least one coding language
- Ability to provide independent analysis and quick investigation
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and organizational functions
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially in regard to specific security measures that need to be implemented.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Fields of study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Security, or Information Systems Management
- 2 minimum years of experience in competences listed above
- Rising Junior or Senior required
○ Project Description: Describe the specific project here using the following three bullets as a guide
■ Include goals / objectives; product area(s)
■ This project will be focused on assisting the Cyber Threat Intel Sources refinement while supporting daily operations. As a part of your project, you may be asked to write an automation script.
■ Which roles and people will the intern will be working with
■ This role will work alongside the Medidata Cyber Threat Intelligence team working closely with the cutting-edge tools and act as a supporting function to the Security Operations and Cyber Defence.
■ What specific experience or skills will be gained, and what can they include into their portfolio after the internship is over?
■ This project will give you an exposure to the practical threat assessment. You’ll gain hands-on experience with various threat intelligence tools that would be indispensable for your future career.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $32.00 to $37.00 per hour with a $3,500 sign on bonus.