Data Science Engineer
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Our Team: Our team is responsible for Medidata’s data platform. Our customers depend on our ability to process and analyze large quantities of data in real-time. We focus on solving complex real-world problems while shipping practical solutions. What we do is as much art as it is science, and as Steve Job put it, “Real artists ship.”
Who we’re looking for:
Someone that can work closely with data scientists, data engineers and product leadership to design schemas and build database objects consumed by Medidata’s data products. This involves developing end to end pipelines for data ingestion and curation. We value delivering solutions that serve immediate needs while allowing us to iterate towards the ideal state in a complex changing data landscape.
- Solve some of the most complex problems in healthcare, translating complex data into meaningful insights
- Design, develop and validate statistical models for novel medical applications. Areas of team focus include Clinical Trial analytics
- Evaluate and assess novel tools, algorithms, and technologies that enable data science capabilities
- Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning and code review
- Ability to understand and peer-review complex, multivariable statistical models and data analytics solutions using machine learning algorithms
- Ability to work independently on complex and diverse issues and propose intelligent solutions
- Bring to production developed methods and code for integration with existing/new products
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Requirements (Education & Experience):
- B.S, M.S, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or another quantitative field with a strong foundation in computer science
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in query design on large, unstandardized, complex datasets (SQL, sparql, etc)
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases.
- Preferred experience with large healthcare datasets