United States - MA, Boston
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Commercial Data Solutions team is seeking a Data Steward to join our growing Customer
Success practice. The Data Steward will be responsible for the execution of the data
governance plan for key accounts to ensure accuracy and consistency in the data.
The Data Steward will work closely with the subscription and production operations team to
analyze, clerk, and research commercial data. This individual will act as the point of contact for
data management issues for HCPs, HCOs, hierarchies, and relationships between these
entities. This role will be client-facing and require technical familiarity with various
pharmaceutical data sets.
- Implement and adhere to policies for the operational management of US Pharma’s
systems and the ETL of data.
- Exercise independent judgment when handling high value data assets and apply
discretion where needed.
- Self-starter that’s willing to dive into the data, identify data quality issues, and implement
- Review business rules and ensure accuracy to align with overall data governance
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills, able to interact effectively and
persuasively with a variety of audiences
- Proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, able to define and execute against work plans
- Understand the core principles and dimensions of data management within the life
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Must be able to write SQL queries to sort and organize data
- Knowledge of MDM concepts such as precedence, survivorship, and operational values
Software skills: Microsoft SSMS, Tableau B/I, Veeva CRM, Excel, and Jira
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or higher in engineering, computer science, information sciences or scientific
focused curriculum preferred
- 0-2 years of work experience, prior consulting experience is a plus
- 1 year of experience working with MS Excel, SQL, & Data Clerking
- Proficiency in SQL and/or other programming languages
Knowledge of Agile processes and Sprint framework
- Efficiency working with Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence)
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $78,000 to $104,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.