United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Our Team: DevOps Engineer function within the Infrastructure Engineering group at Medidata is a software and systems engineering position, involving the continual development of our existing deployment and infrastructure automation tools.
Who we are looking for: The candidate will be primarily responsible for development, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance for infrastructure hosted in Private Datacenter. Your solutions will be secure, scalable, testable, and maintainable. The role will also require coming up with new cutting-edge tools and workflows to manage an ever-growing amount of applications, services and data which comprise our Medidata Clinical Cloud SaaS solution. We use software engineering skills to solve Infrastructure operational problems.
- Building and maintaining deployment and infrastructure automation tools
- Help the team build and maintain processes and tools for rapid deployment of infrastructure, monitoring and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Help performance tune and optimize distributed systems, operating systems, networks, and applications.
- Implement system management strategies for optimization, rapid feedback and high availability.
- Define requirements for current and future tools development.
- Provide technical solutions that are sustainable, supportable & scalable.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Experience participating in code reviews and making recommendations on requirements and best practices.
- Deliver the required functionality in an agreed upon timely manner / work in a modified Scrum environment.
- Bridge the gap between development and operations to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Build backend frameworks that are maintainable, flexible and scalable.
- Provide operational support and automation tools to application developers.
Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Strong DevOps skills including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, and Infrastructure as Code - on the Public/Private Cloud platforms (AWS/VMware)
- Experience with both Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat) and Windows environments
- Experience in software instrumentation for monitoring and observability
- Knowledge and experience with container technologies using Docke
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City / New Jersey. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than NYC / NJ, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $79,500 to $106,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.
Equal Employment OpportunityIn order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Medidata are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Medidata is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Medidata will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.