Director, Market Intelligence
United States - NY, New York
As the Director of Market Intelligence, your strategic role will involve continuously improving our intelligence capability, process, and platform that delivers accurate and relevant competitive insights to enable Senior Executives, Sales, and Product teams to enhance their effectiveness with our customers, partners, and prospective clientele. This will also involve centralizing our market intelligence to support ongoing efforts towards self-service accessibility. Your critical role will extend to helping our company gain a deep understanding of global markets, market share in various countries and regions, and monitoring our competition's developments. Leading a dedicated team, you will drive market research efforts to identify unmet market needs and collect third-party data to provide valuable insights to our global commercial teams.
Your partnership with the executive leadership team will be crucial as we develop our strategy for short and long-term growth, including both organic and inorganic market growth options. You will drive strategic plans and tactically execute on the key insights your team delivers, making you an integral part of our success.
Position Description: Director Market Intelligence
Division: Market Intelligence
Reports to: Cengiz SATIR
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for
millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help
pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and
academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes.
More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners
access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial,
and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is
headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the
needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
- Gather and synthesize data on Life Science and Healthcare trends and
events; customer and competitive insights into actionable insights. Leverage
primary and secondary sources.
- Manage 3rd-party outsource intelligence research vendors.
- Engage in projects with the Medidata Strategy team.
- Partner with Finance and Offering Management to support business case
development for portfolio-level investments
- Make regular updates to the existing library of Battle Cards.
- Track financials and earnings transcripts of key competitors and CROs,
looking for significant items.
- Maintain revenue and trial market share databases, involving data mining,
scrubbing, and analysis of external sources.
- Conduct primary and secondary research (ex: profile on genomics in clinical
trials, synthetic control arms) on emerging trends and competitors.
- Develop new sales opportunities and strategic insights.
- Provide overall education to Medidata and enable Sales reps to be more
intelligent in front of their customers.
- Improve Early Warning. Allow us to be more intelligent and insightful on
activities of key competitors and CROs
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., life sciences, business,
- At least 5 years of experience in market research or competitive intelligence in
the life sciences industry, preferably in the clinical trials space
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with experience using data
analysis tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly and persuasively present insights and recommendations to senior management and cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills, with experience managing and mentoring teams
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and guidelines, such as FDA regulations,
ICH guidelines, and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards is a plus
- Familiarity with SaaS and cloud-based platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Klue are a plus
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $160,000-$190,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.