Director, People Business Partner, EMEA
People & Environment
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
- Know and influence the business being served at a deep level; this requires constant engagement with the management team including attending staff meetings, off-sites and knowing every element of their business needs.
- Drive the people strategy for the region based on the above. Ensure continuous talent assessment & development, capability building, performance management and coaching
- Provide business groups with appropriate advice and counsel on employee issues to ensure top contributors are engaged and rewarded and bottom performers are moved up or out.
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of People Business Partners/Generalists
- Review people metrics to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience.
- Lead annual people processes at Senior Leadership Team level. Provide leadership coaching 1:1 or via 3rd parties (internal / external)
- Investigate employee issues and complaints in a timely, professional manner; respond to and resolve issues as appropriate
- Partner with a variety of stakeholders internally and with our parent company, Dassault Systèmes to drive positive business outcomes.
- Partner with our People Team Centres of Excellence for People Service Delivery
- A results oriented professional with a demonstrated ability to operate in an environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Leverages strong business acumen and analytic capability to integrate HR best practice, business strategy, and macroeconomic factors into a coherent and understood Talent Plan
- Proven experience of implementing integration projects and managing associated change.
- Clear evidence of partnering with diverse stakeholders, including senior clients and Global People Team CoE’s
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a variety of stakeholders to drive organizational change.
- The ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and have a bias for thoughtful action
- Demonstrated proficiency in coaching, influencing, negotiating and managing conflict
- Strong understanding of UK employment law and regulations
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Operational HR experience
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters, or equivalent experience
- CIPD qualified to MCIPD level as a minimum (possibly FCIPD)
- Proven, business focused experience in the Technology and/or Pharmaceutical sector
- Experience in leading a regional HR team with Business Partner experience
For a window into life in EMEA at Medidata, please follow this link: https://beacons.ai/medidata.emea