Director, Product Management
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Our team is responsible for Medidata's platform data quality and risk management solutions. Our customers depend on our ability to aggregate and analyze large quantities of data for multiple stakeholders, in real-time. We focus on solving complex data oversight problems while developing user-friendly solutions. What we do is as much art as it is science!
What we're looking for:
The ideal candidate would be a passionate leader, motivated to promote the clinical research industry and transform Data management and quality oversight space. You will report to our VP, Product Management. You can be located in either our NY or NJ office, or remote anywhere in the US.
- Be a Product evangelist - internally with developmental teams and externally with customers, in conferences and public events
- Look for opportunities to innovate. Lead cross-product and engineering teams to define, scope, and deliver high quality, competitive Data Management and Data Quality Oversight product to the market
- Provide guidance to cross-functional product managers in the specification and management of product development efforts; ensure product teams execute on plans and achieve important milestones
- Define and oversee the scope and content of product releases, set timelines for those releases, and work with your team to manage the development and validation efforts to those timelines
- Stay up-to date with industry, software and market trends and distill them in product evolution
Requirements (Education & Experience):
- Requires 10+ years overall experience; 5 years’ direct, recent experience in the data management field
- Requires 5+ years of people and project management experience
- Operational experience in Data Management including best practices, regulatory requirements, domains (Pharma, CRO, etc.) and technological landscape
- Experience in adjacent fields clinical data science, data analytics, centralized monitoring is a plus
- Experience building / leading product development and/or product implementation
- Appreciation and understanding of Customer adoption life cycle and decision making
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $157,500 - $210,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $166,500 - $222,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $155,250 - $207,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $138,750 - $185,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $188,000 - $192,267.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off (subject to management discretion); and 10 paid holidays per year.