Director, Product Marketing Clinical Operations
Marketing & Communication
United States - NY, New York
This position works with the product development team, product marketers, and global and demand marketing and sales enablement to develop and communicate go-to-market plans, development of value propositions by persona and sales segment, and product positioning in the marketplace that demonstrate the value of Medidata’s clinical operations solutions including Clinical Trial Financial Management (Grants Manager and Sie Payments), CTMS (Clinical Trial Management System) and eTMF (electronic Trial Master File) solutions. Reporting to the Vice President of Product Marketing, the Director of Product Marketing for Clinical Operations, working closely with other product marketers and product management, will drive the go-to-market strategy and commercialization efforts of Medidata’s clinical operations solutions on the Medidata Clinical Cloud, Medidata's unified platform. You will work on global and regional events, customer and persona insights, go-to-market plans based on major product releases and new product launches, messaging and content (e.g., collateral (fact sheets, infographics, blogs, slides, videos, case studies, etc.), proposals, web pages), and field marketing tactics. To thrive in this role, it is vital that you’re comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders, including market researchers, global events personnel, creative services, digital marketing, corporate communications, social media, sales and product enablement teams, and global campaign creators. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience in marketing and clinical trials who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Your key responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting the development and execution of Medidata clinical operations solutions go-to-market planning, including positioning, messaging, sales enablement materials, internal and external communication materials, promotional activities, evidence of value, and other deliverables, as appropriate
- Providing event support (identification of speakers and development of content) related to your product areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences, or Life Sciences, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree or MBA a plus
- Requires a minimum of 5-10 years of related experience, with knowledge and experience in the life sciences industry
- Marketing/Product Marketing Experience in healthcare, clinical trials, and SaaS
- Knowledge and experience in the development, management, marketing, and sales of enterprise software - primarily hosted, web-based software
- Strategic thinker, inquisitive, and able to see the big picture while applying to business needs
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work with all levels of stakeholders
- Excellent writing and editorial skills and proven content creation experience
- Strong presentation
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $170,000 - $190,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.