Director, Technical Support
United States - NY, New York
The Director of Technical Support will be responsible for building a “world class” service organization; managing the overall process, tools, and data that drive the customer support organization for a B2B software as a service business model. This will involve evaluating and assessing current state contact center operations and creating tactical and strategic roadmaps ensuring continuous improvement that results in improved process, technology, and higher customer engagement scores.
Specific responsibilities include monitoring trends in ticket volume and matching it against supply of resolving agents. Ownership of the customer support technology platform, raw and reduced data that comprise process metrics and are the basis for building reports which can be consumed both within and outside customer support. The Director will provide and maintain this data to help run the organization and provide insight to key internal and external relationships.
The role will supervise teams and an outsourced partner responsible for global helpdesk delivery, as well as internal operational activities such as account management and contract close-out. Finally, the role will be responsible for the governance, operating procedures and common processes used to run the customer support organization and maintain a state of compliance.
- Evaluate and assess current state contact center operations and create tactical and strategic roadmaps ensuring continuous improvement resulting in improved process and technology and higher customer engagement scores
- Evaluate and monitor current customer retention making continuous improvements to prevent customer loss
- Partner with the VP of Customer Support to execute on the overall vision and strategic plan for the customer support organization
Your Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree in a technical discipline, engineering or applied mathematics preferred
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a software development or IT or service organization
- Advanced skills in managing data and generating reports
- Advanced skills in process definition, measurement and improvement
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Experience working in a regulated and enterprise, environment preferred
- Strong understanding of modern customer care and success approaches
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $180,000 - $190,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.