Director, Test Engineering
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Our team is responsible for Medidata's Clinical Operations platform. Our customers depend on us for efficient execution of clinical trials.
What we're looking for:
As Director, Test Engineering you are leading a team of test managers and engineers for our Clinical Operations products. Main responsibility is quality assurance based on Medidata SDLC process. Foster and lead good working relationship with Application Engineers, Project Managers, Product Managers and other partners in the development of high-quality software. Provide leadership to the team to create comprehensive test plans appropriate to function, product, enhancements being tested.
- You will have ownership for testing and certifying all Clinical Operations products in Medidata
- You will partner with other test managers and test automation architects throughout the company to design and implement standardized solutions
- You will lead release and test planning deliverables, milestone estimates and goals
- You will work with PMO/Product/Engineering to meet release commitments
- You will set the direction on test layer approaches, i.e., API, UI, UI-Mocked, Integration, Manual vs Automated
- You will be forward-looking and help the team evaluate new testing tools
- You will advocate for good acceptance criteria per story are develped based on 3-amigo meetings
- You will manage full testing life cycle covering activities from impact evaluations, analysis of requirements, preparation of test scripts, test execution, of testing reports.
- You will hold the client needs and quality in the fore-front and provide risk assessment evaluations
- You will mentor the team and providing guidance and feedback toward helping them grow
- You will report to Vice President of Engineering
Requirements (Education & Experience):
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
5+ years of experience in software testing as an individual contributor
8+ years relevant leadership experience
Experience mentoring others in testing
Experience implementing testing strategies
Experience with automated testing tools, software development and testing methodologies
Project management and people management skill
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is 157,500 to$210,000
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.