Enterprise Solution Architect – Remote, US
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary platform and advanced analytics. At Medidata, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including product, delivery, data science, engineering, partnerships, and biostatistics. Successful Medidata AI candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication, and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people.
Who were looking for:
- We are seeking a very experienced Technical Software Architect to work with our Medidata AI teams and our stakeholders. The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience in designing and implementing large scale distributed application services, along with large data driven services. The candidate will be able to drive collaboration and design resolutions internally within the Medidata AI Product Tech team and externally with our stakeholders.
- Experience designing and developing software solutions to address business requirements
- Experience creating architectural blueprints, documentation and artifacts to the team and stakeholders
- Experience working with Data Engineers and Data Scientists on deploying ML applications in production environments
- Experience designing and developing with microservices and event driven architectural patterns.
- Experience designing and developing with web API patterns and protocol like REST, GraphQL
- Experience with web and services application security
- Experience with designing, developing and deploying applications and services in cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Experience designing, developing with serverless technologies like AWS lambda
- Experience designing and developing data pipelines and data driven services as well as ETL solutions using modern cloud data solutions
- Experience designing and developing application CI/CD pipelines using tools like Travis CI, Cloudformation, Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience working coordinating and communicating with multiple teams to drive system requirements, implementation, correctness and quality.
- Experience with application observability and distributed tracing.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10 - 15 years experience designing and developing software applications and services
- 4+ years in the role of Architect or Principal Software Engineer
- Proficiency coding in multiple languages including Java, Python, Clojure
- Proficiency in working with multiple stakeholders, resolving and ranking requirements, and evaluating solutions tradeoffs
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $135,500.00 to $192.909.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.