Enterprise Support Specialist (15 months FTC)
Fixed Term Contract, Information Technology
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Medidata Solutions Enterprise Support Specialist assists corporate end-users in corporate offices and remote locations globally with technical support of approved desktop/laptop computers, applications and related technologies. Support includes specifications, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines of approved Medidata standards and processes. The employee in this position also assists in the creation, maintenance and versioning of documentation related to Desktop Support processes, procedures and associated guidelines. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem-solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Your duties will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist with the imaging of our laptop fleet, hundreds of laptops including Dell and Mac
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Execute Executive Support flawlessly within all departments
- Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware.
- Installs configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- May participate in the development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Bachelor's degree preferred: degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience
Your Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting Windows 10
- Experience supporting Mac OSX desktop/laptop systems
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic Networking concepts including TCP/IP.
- Familiarity with common workplace productivity computing applications, e.g. Microsoft products suites, email clients, calendaring, Internet usage, Antivirus, inventory management and backup procedures
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, and Peripheral equipment
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing the hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Analytical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Daily commitment to high-quality results, Strong work ethic and Customer Service Excellence
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including via telephone
- Ability to lift and handle packages/hardware with the approximate weight of 50 pounds or more
- Ability to travel domestically and possibly internationally to support Medidata offices and events
- A full UK Driving license and access to a vehicle would be an advantage