Management & Operations
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata Executive Assistants (EAs) are skilled professionals responsible for performing administrative duties of advanced degrees of complexity for the assigned Executive. The EAs have customary responsibilities such as managing correspondence which is often of a confidential nature, communication on behalf of the Executive, and acting as a gatekeeper, in addition to handling special projects such as coordination of complex meetings. In keeping with these duties, EAs are to develop an acute understanding of their Executives’ work style and requirements, and to utilize this understanding to decide which scheduled events, meetings, and requests are most appropriate for the allocation of the Executive’s time. EAs are expected to accept the delegation of less consequential executive tasks, to perform those tasks with minimal disruption to the Executive, to actively listen and resolve problems, and to anticipate and meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. In summary, Medidata EAs are expected to conform to the highest standards of performance, dependability, and professionalism.
- Coordinate travel and prepare subsequent expense reports
- Organize and maintain multiple calendars, including interaction with external and internal resources, from assistants to executives
- Arrange meetings varying from team meetings to external vendors
- Coordinate catering as needed for on- and off-site meetings
- Assist with on-boarding new department hires
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned
- Discretion and the ability to maintain strict confidence
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills at all levels within the company
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with sometimes little or no supervision
- Flexible, positive approach in a fast-paced environment
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred, or relevant experience
- 5+ years experience as an Executive Assistant
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $88,000 to $110,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.