Facilities and Corporate Services Specislit
People & Environment
Japan - Tokyo
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.comand follow us @medidata.
This role is part of the Real Estate and Facilities team at Medidata. The Facilities and Corporate Services Coordinator is responsible for the smooth, effective and cost-efficient running of a Medidata office. The responsibilities include facilities management, security, corporate event, administration and liaison duties with Human Resources. The priorities of your role may shift towards more facility and supplier management if any collocation with other 3DS offices occurs.
· Ensure site operations for business continuity and excellence.
· Maintain the premises in safe and sound conditions.
· Manage reception.
· Participate in the office projects such as space design, office environment improvement, and promoting the Medidata/3DS image to secure a pleasant work environment for each employee.
· Ensure compliance of the premises with local regulations and obligations.
· Manage and supervise building access rules.
· Manage the office space to optimize team organization and work conditions.
· Assign offices and office furniture to employees.
· Order all necessary office supplies, beverages, corporate engagement-related items, etc.
· Supervise external contractors as required
· Ensure site compliance with Medidata/3DS identity, culture, and security.
· Coordinate internal corporate events, including finding venues, catering, purchasing goods and services, and scheduling.
● Building internal and external relationships.
● Effective negotiation.
● Labor law knowledge.
● Project management.
● Facilities management.
● Security, health, and life safety knowledge.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Experience in a corporate environment.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Problem-solving and multi-taking skills.
● Proficiency in MS Office Suite software applications.
● Ability to read floor plan documents and construction documents.
● Experience and expertise in managing staff with disabilities are advantageous.
● Command of native level Japanese and business level English, both written and spoken.
Your Education & Experience:
● A four-year college degree strongly preferred, and a professional certificate in Facilities Management and/or Human Resources Management would be a plus.
● Prior experience as an office manager, facilities coordinator, or equivalent is required, with experience in building out a new office and/or office moves strongly preferred.