United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As the FP&A Director you will be an integral part of Medidata! We are searching for a Finance professional with strong critical thinking and advanced modeling skills to be the Finance Business Partner to a fast-growing business unit. This person will manage the entire P&L, including revenue planning and forecasting, expense and capacity planning, and margin analysis. This role is highly visible with demonstrated opportunity for growth and career development within the organization. You will present the forecast and related analysis weekly to the CFO and business unit SVP.
- Be a trusted advisor as finance business partner to the CFO, SVP, and leadership team, developing strong relationships with the team
- Lead annual revenue and expense budgeting and long-term planning, working cross-functionally to achieve both the larger company and business segment goals
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue forecasts that are updated and delivered on a weekly basis to the SVP and the CFOs of Medidata and its parent company, Dassault Systèmes (3DS), ensuring top-line performance is in line with targets and course-correcting where necessary
- Own capacity model and maintain accurate resource and expense forecasts, making sure hiring and spend authorizations are in line with short- and long-term plans and consulting on key resource and vendor strategies
- Perform monthly and quarterly variance analysis in tandem with the accounting team to facilitate accurate financial closes
- Deliver monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to the SVP, CFO, and other executives that drive business and financial decisions
- Act as a liaison between Medidata and 3DS to communicate financial results and drive the continued integration with 3DS systems
- Partner and lead close coordination between Accounting, FP&A, Sales Operations, Pricing, Product, and the Business Information Optimization (BIO) team to improve the ecosystem of support for the business segment and consult on business process and system enhancements
- Partner with sales, legal and product team to structure deals to optimize financial outcomes for Medidata
- Identify opportunities for and develop enhanced financial and operational dashboards of KPIs primarily in Tableau
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills: verbal and written
- High proficiency in Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, tables and graph production) and in PowerPoint
- Able to solve complex problems
- Track record of collaborative partnership with peers and company leadership
- Experience using Salesforce, Tableau, Financial Force and/or Workday software preferred
Your Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline required
- MBA or CPA preferred
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $157,500 - $210,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.