United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, you will be the lead finance business partner to several functions & their senior leadership teams. You will partner with the teams to ensure operational plans are aligned with financial goals and create transparency and deliver insights and suggestions that allows us to make the right decisions to propel the business forward. You will work with the team to deliver insights, guide annual and long range planning, budgeting, forecasting and monthly plan vs. actual performance analysis. You will also coordinate with other Finance team members to lead the monthly closing and reporting process.
- Be a trusted advisor to leaders of assigned departments and lead their budgeting and forecasting activities, including long range planning and execution and ensuring operational plans are in line with financial budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and lead the quarterly financial review of results meetings with the department leaders, CFO, and finance leadership team.
- Provide transparency into actual results and forward-looking analyses, including foresight into investment needs, margin trends and competitive benchmarking.
- Analyze historical performance to understand trends and key drivers. Make recommendations to improve performance and processes based on findings.
- Develop and mentor junior analysts
- This role is based in NYC, requiring you to be in the office at least 1-2x weekly to promote team engagement, build relationships with senior leaders, and offer mentorship to junior analysts. You will report to the VP of FP&A.
- Excellent communication / collaboration skills required; role involves building relationships across the organization, communicating and presenting ideas to management and influencing decision-making
- Must be a proactive and organized self-starter
- Highly motivated and humble team-player with no ego
- Demonstrated ability to turn financial data into relevant insights that support sound decisions
Your Education & Experience:
- Extraordinary Excel / PowerPoint / financial modeling skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in Big Four public accounting, FP&A, or consulting
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 - $153,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.