Research & Development
Japan - Tokyo
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.comand follow us @medidata.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be designing and implementing solutions used every day by our engineers and customers. You will be part of the team improving the quality of the work of other engineers at Medidata. You will positively influence the Technology organization through close collaboration with other teams and by contributing to shared projects. Our mission is to improve Medidata’s velocity of innovation so we can help our customers power smarter treatments and healthier people.
Your role would be to deliver functionality using modern UI technology (Typescript, React, MaterialUI) to all the internal stakeholders in Medidata. Our team is working on an internal developer portal that is going to be the keystone connecting all aspects of software development. You will interact with APIs of AWS, Github, Jira, Kubernetes, Slack, Grafana and other big names of the software industry. This will be a great opportunity for your personal development.
You will get ownership of the experience of our portal, you will be able to direct the design and to work on completely new plugins as well as improve on the current work based on the architecture of the opensource Backstage project. Our team encourages ownership by its members, you will have a lot of freedom to choose priorities and means to achieve them.
● Drive architecture discussions and design decisions, with a focus on simplicity, maintainability, and with particular attention to performance
● Enforce refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review practices, in order to create maintainable, understandable code
● Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
● Work closely with multiple stakeholders; collaborating with testers to ensure quality, and with product managers to turn great ideas into detailed requirements
● Delight our users by driving consistent improvement from feedback
● Create clear, thorough documentation
● Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
● Work on an application build entirely in Typescript, React and Material UI based on Backstage.io
● Collaborate in goals, solutions and implementation for the application.
● Maintain high code coverage.
● Understands the runtime behavior of the application in production.
● Improve the architecture of the application and solve tech-debt.
● Guide teams on the adoption of the application. Gather metrics and feedback from internal users.
● Lead improvements of deployment, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
● Maintain awareness of industry trends and tools, learning and disseminating new practices.
● Proactively contribute to internal technical documentation content and organization.
● Attend all appropriate team meetings.
● Provide estimates in backlog grooming and identify tasks in planning.
● Propose improvement ideas for how the team could work better.
● Be aware of the impact of design on performance, maintain the experience performance.
● Incorporate feedback from users into improvements.
● Create reveals for internal and external stakeholders.
● Participate in the frontend engineering community in Medidata.
● Work on Typescript communication clients and improve our Typescript ecosystem.
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent experience a plus
● Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum
● Experience with github and source control
● Minimum 1-year experience with Typescript
● Experience with opensource communities preferred
● Experience consuming, designing, and building APIs
● Experience developing and/or maintaining a production application