Global Sales Compensation, Director
People & Environment
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Sales Compensation Program Manager will play an important role in the system support of the sales compensation strategies to accelerate Medidata's growth. You will work with sales and operations leadership, total rewards, finance, accounting, and IT to manage the sales compensation function across our global organization.
You will collaborate across different teams in a fast-growing and dynamic environment. You will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Lead Medidata's sales performance management programs, including incentive compensation programs by managing a team of analysts and subject matter experts.
- Recommend and implement sales compensation frameworks to incentivize the right behaviors.
- Communicate plan changes and initiatives to the field and internal stakeholders.
- Charter the Sales Compensation Committee on a monthly/quarterly cadence
- Conduct sophisticated analysis of data from multiple sources to build various compensation models and develop recommendations for improving sales performance.
- Manage the semi-annual planning, design, creation, and issuance of compensation plans.
- Work with global partners to provide information that supports their business goals
- Support compensation design for experimental roles/pilots in the sales organization
- Develop sales compensation policies
- Continuously seek to enhance, automate, and optimize the current systems to ensure scalability while maintaining accuracy
- Knowledge/experience with Salesforce & Varicent
- Management / Incentive Compensation Management platforms
- Experience interpreting large datasets
- Help make complex / manual processes more engaging and automated and achieve creative solution to issues
- High proficiency with Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) and Google Sheets
Your Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Leadership experience in a Sales Ops, Revenue Ops, and or Sales Compensation
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $135,000 to $180,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.