Senior Implementation Consultant
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.comand follow us @medidata.
Senior Implementation Consultants (SICs) help ensure that Medidata’s software applications are implemented or enabled in accordance with Medidata standard business processes, meet client requirements and adhere to Good Clinical Data Management Practices. Senior ICs also consult with our clients, provide guidance and make suggestions on how to best implement Medidata’s software to provide the most value.
Senior ICs work with Project Managers and other functional departments during the implementation or enablement of Medidata’s software applications, in addition to helping in the training, education and mentoring of colleagues. Senior ICs are ambassadors of clients and internal colleagues, as well as champions of our products and processes; able to identify trends across a portfolio of projects and recommend and implement process improvements to enhance our product offering.
- Effectively leads high complexity projects or programs, challenging builds and difficult initiatives (SME level)
- Involved in client governance meetings and client standard development
- Leads internal initiatives and provides oversight, training, mentorship, and support to Implementation Consultants with varying levels of capability and experience
- Frequently presents lessons learned and knowledge to the IC team
- Adhere to best practices for implementing Medidata’s software
- Ability to use critical thinking to address complex challenges independently
- Author, adapt, or agree on specifications based upon client requirements. This can include functional test cases for use in configuring and developing solutions in Medidata’s suite of products, as well as in custom integrations
- Support less experienced team members in the authoring of specifications or other activities, being accountable for quality of delivery
- Support developers and other cross-functional departments during configuration or implementation of specifications
- Delivery of in-person/remote client workshops
- Work to Project Management timelines and budgets, ensuring timely completion of deliverables within the agreed scope of work
- Support customers during the user acceptance testing cycle by resolving issues, and answering questions
- Expert industry knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, specifically as they relate to data collection, standards, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of those associated specifications, and ability to translate them into clinical systems solutions.
- Experience with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real-world examples
- Ability to solve complex problems - Demonstrated technical skills with regard to clinical software applications
- Clear collaboration and team-building skills
- Willing to assume responsibility and work autonomously
- Experience working to Standard Operating Procedures
Your Education & Experience:
- University/college degree or equivalent experience (analytic discipline a plus)
- Multi-year experience working with clinical trials, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Prior services delivery experience required
- Prior data management or clinical trial software consulting experience a plus, but not essential.
- Demonstrated experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines