Implementation Consultant, Platform and Integration Services (Remote)
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Platform and Integration Services Implementation Consultant helps Medidata's customers learn and adopt Medidata technologies for Patient Cloud implementations in accordance with Medidata and customer standard business processes, meet client requirements and adhere to Good Clinical Data Management Practices. Platform and Integration ICs provide guidance and make suggestions on how to best implement Medidata’s software to provide the most value while ensuring viable readiness before, during, and after deployment of Medidata technologies and services.
Platform and Integration ICs work with Patient Cloud team members and other functional departments to support clients using Medidata’s Patient Cloud Applications for clinical studies, in addition to helping in the training, education, and mentoring of colleagues who are new to working with clinical trials. The Platform and Integration IC will be responsible for developing best practices for technical integration strategies, leading execution of release management activities for Patient Cloud Applications, and designing material to educate internal and external customers on process and workflow related activities required to successfully build out Patient Cloud Studies using Medidata's technology.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Proven ability to lead configuration or enablement of customers on Medidata software to translate customer needs and meet customer requirements.
- Provide guidance, advice, knowledge and best practices to support customers in driving implementation and adoption of Medidata’s Patient Cloud Applications
- Author, adapt, or agree on specifications based upon complex client requirements. This can include functional test cases for use in configuring and developing solutions in Medidata’s suite of products, as well as in custom integrations.
- Establish “Trusted Advisor” relationship through effective consultation
- Support cross functional departments with issue resolution.
- Develop content and deliver in-person/remote client workshops.
- Ensure that clinical services functions are aligned and highlight risks in meeting project management timelines and deliverables
- Provide support for implementation projects as assigned
- Adhere to industry data collection and handling standards to ensure consistency and facilitate downstream processing (e.g., QC testing).
- Lead internal initiatives, e.g., process improvement, product improvement, identifying best practices and developing workshop materials.
- Provide feedback from customers to Patient Cloud Product and Services on desired features and functionality that continuously improve service to our customers
- Contribute to SOP and SWI Development for Patient Cloud Services
- Lead Release Management processes for Patient Cloud Applications including providing internal and external training on new release overviews, and risk assessments in providing operational input and support to the implementation of new releases
- Attend key operational meetings in support of Medidata Patient Cloud applications
Platform and Integration ICs are responsible for maintaining a high-level of expertise for their assigned Medidata Patient Cloud Products. They are expected to participate in the following key internal Medidata activities:
- Maintain individual product and industry expertise by attending regular Product training and external industry training, e.g. conferences.
- Represent Professional Services team in Product Adoption and Optimization (PAO) workstreams and initiatives; sharing knowledge back to the full Professional Services team
- Input to the training of wider Professional Services team to enhance product and industry knowledge across team
- Collate and maintain list of defect and enhancements that require addressing by Medidata Product teams, providing operational insight
- Provide operational input to Medidata’s implementation process, best practices and collateral roadmaps ensuring that Professional Services Patient Cloud team is represented
- Work with Medidata Global Education team on the development of training plans and collateral
- Proven experience working with clinical trials in Technology/Services ability to deliver training to clinical and technical resources internally and externally
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and associated features quickly and translate that into standardized artifacts for training and execution control
- Knowledge of clinical trial processes, specifically as they relate to data collection, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of data management plans/customer specifications for data entry screens, edit checks, custom reports and data integrations
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world examples
- Ability to think logically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and time management skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills tied to SaaS applications
- Experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Ability to identify processes that are inefficient or counterproductive and support to establish/deploy new processes to improve efficiency In addition, the candidate will:
- Be self-motivated
- Proven ability to successfully work independently on new projects and initiatives while also being able to collaborate with others when needed to achieve goals
- Seen to take initiative and demonstrate responsibility
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of clinical trial software technology
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication (public speaking and teaching), presentation and writing skills
- Ability to overcome obstacles, troubleshoot and reach resolutions
- Collaborate well with other functions/departments
- Willingness for up to 30% national/international travel time
Your Education & Experience:
- Degree required or equivalent experience (preferred is BA, Science, Maths or Technical discipline)
- 1+ Years’ experience using SaaS platforms to deliver customized patient-centric solutions (ex eCOA, eConsent, Sensors)
- 1-3 Years’ experience working with technology in clinical research
- Medidata employees: At a minimum Implementation Consultant
- Experience supporting project teams (both internal and customer) and meeting project timelines
- Consulting/advising customers
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.