Implementation Consultant, Patient Cloud (Remote)
United States - NY
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata
Implementation Consultants (ICs) help ensure that Medidata’s software applications are implemented or enabled in accordance with Medidata standard business processes, meet client requirements and adhere to Good Clinical Data Management Practices. ICs also consult with our clients, provide guidance and make suggestions on how to best implement Medidata’s software to provide the most value.
The ICs work with Project Managers and other functional departments during the implementation or enablement of Medidata’s software applications, in addition to helping in the training, education and mentoring of colleagues.
- Lead configuration or enable customers on Medidata software to translate customer needs and meet customer requirements. - Adhere to or educate on best practices for implementing Medidata’s software - Author, adapt, or agree on specifications based upon client requirements. This can include functional test cases for use in configuring and developing solutions in - Medidata’s suite of products, as well as in custom integrations. - Support less experienced team members with client engagements, being accountable for quality of delivery. - Support developers and other cross functional departments during configuration or implementation of specifications. - Support cross functional departments with issue resolution. - Delivery of in-person/remote client workshops. - Work to Project Management timelines and budgets, ensuring timely completion of deliverables within the agreed scope of work. - Support customers during enablement or implementation of our software by answering questions, resolving configuration or UAT issues, and providing guidance on software usage. - Adhere to industry data collection and handling standards to ensure consistency and facilitate downstream processing (e.g., QC testing). - Communicate status reports to stakeholders on both client and internal projects. - Participate in and lead internal initiatives, e.g., process improvement, product improvement, and identifying best practices. - Comply with and enforce Medidata Standard Operating Procedures, processes and policies. - Assist in the scheduling of professional services resources and ensure timely completion of deliverables. - Support Training Group in preparation of course materials and delivery of courses both internally and externally as needed. - Support third party vendors with integration and/or data transfer efforts. - Own multiple customer-facing projects or engagements. - Significant knowledge and experience in one product or solution, or, relevant experience in a group of products/solutions. - Mentor/Train AICs or new employees.
- Industry knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, specifically as they relate to data collection, standards, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of those associated specifications, and ability to translate them into clinical systems solutions
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world examples
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Ability to absorb and apply new information quickly
- Ability to think logically to solve complex problems
- Solid analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Experience of working to Standard Operating Procedures
- Adaptable to changing business needs and/or product landscapes
- Willing to travel to office locations and customer engagements
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 4-year university/college degree or equivalent experience (analytic discipline a plus)
- 1-3 years experience working with clinical trials
- Prior services delivery experience required
- Experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
- Prior data management or clinical trial software consulting experience preferred.
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $79,500-85,314.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $84,000-112,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $78,000-104,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $70,125-93,500.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $71,250-97,729.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.