Implementation Consultant, Platform and Integration Services (Remote)
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together!
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Platform and Integration Services Implementation Consultant helps Medidata's customers learn and adopt Medidata technologies in accordance with Medidata and customer standard business processes, meet client and protocol requirements, and adhere to Good Clinical Data Management Practices. Platform and Integration ICs lead design and provide guidance on implementations of Medidata’s software, optimizing value while ensuring viable readiness before, during, and after deployment of Medidata technologies and services.
Platform and Integration ICs work with other functional departments to support clients using Medidata Software Applications, in addition to helping in the training, education, and mentoring of colleagues. The Platform and Integration IC will be responsible for developing best practices for technical integration strategies, leading execution of release management activities for Medidata Software Applications, and designing material to educate internal and external customers on process and workflow related activities required to successfully build out studies using Medidata's technologies..
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Proven ability to lead configuration or enablement of customers on Medidata software to translate customer needs and meet customer and protocol requirements.
- Adhere to or educate on best practices for implementing Medidata’s software.
- Author, adapt, or agree on specifications based upon complex client requirements. This can include functional test cases for use in configuring and developing solutions in Medidata’s suite of products, as well as in custom integrations with third party applications.
- Support less experienced team members with client engagements, being accountable for quality of delivery.
- Support developers and other cross functional departments during configuration, implementation, and testing of specifications.
- Support cross functional departments with issue resolution.
- Delivery of in-person/remote client workshops for DCT solutions and services
- Establish “Trusted Advisor” relationship through effective consultation.
- Contribute to SOP and SWI Development for DCT applications and service offerings.
- Support Project Consultants with new release overviews, knowledge transfer, and risk assessments in providing operational input and support to the implementation of new releases.
- Attend key operational meetings in support of Medidata DCT applications.
- Work closely with the relevant Sales team members to support appropriate alignment of Medidata applications and service offerings.
- Proven ability to work to Project Management timelines and budgets, ensuring timely completion of deliverables within the agreed scope of work.
- Proven ability to support customers during enablement or implementation of our software by answering questions, resolving configuration or UAT issues, and providing guidance on software usage.
- Adhere to industry data collection and handling standards to ensure consistency and facilitate downstream processing (e.g., QC testing).
- Communicate status reports to stakeholders on both client and internal projects.
- Lead internal initiatives, e.g., process improvement, product improvement, identifying best practices and developing workshop materials.
- Comply with and enforce Medidata Standard Operating Procedures, processes and policies.
- Assist in the scheduling of Professional Services resources and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Support Training Group in preparation of course materials and delivery of courses both internally and externally as needed.
- Support third party vendors with integration and/or data transfer efforts.
- Own multiple, complex customer facing projects or engagements.
- Ability to support platform implementations or enablement projects.
- Maintain deep technical knowledge and experience in one product or solution, or, significant relevant experience in a group of products/solutions.
- Mentor/Train ICs, AICs or new employees.
- Support management in achievement of business objectives outside of client deliverables.
- Lead Release Management processes for Medidata Software Applications including providing internal and external training on new release overviews, and risk assessments in providing operational input and support to the implementation of new releases
- Attend key operational meetings in support of Medidata applications
Platform and Integration ICs are responsible for maintaining a high-level of expertise for their assigned Medidata Applications and Services. They are expected to participate in the following key internal Medidata activities:
- Maintain individual product and industry expertise by attending regular Product training and external industry training, e.g. conferences.
- Represent Professional Services team in Product Adoption and Optimization (PAO) workstreams and initiatives; sharing knowledge back to the full Professional Services team.
- Input to the training of wider Professional Services team to enhance product and industry knowledge across team.
- Collate and maintain list of defect and enhancements that require addressing by Medidata Product teams, providing operational insight.
- Provide operational input to Medidata’s implementation process, best practices and collateral roadmaps ensuring that Professional Services is represented.
- Work with Medidata Global Education team on the development of training plans and collateral.
- Proven experience working with clinical trials in Technology/Services ability to deliver training to clinical and technical resources internally and externally
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and associated features quickly and translate that into standardized artifacts for training and execution control
- Knowledge of clinical trial processes, specifically as they relate to data collection, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of data management plans/customer specifications for data entry screens, edit checks, custom reports and data integrations
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world examples
- Solid analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
- Ability to think logically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and time management skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills tied to SaaS applications
- Experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Ability to identify processes that are inefficient or counterproductive and support to establish/deploy new processes to improve efficiency
In addition, the candidate will:
- Be self-motivated
- Proven ability to successfully work independently on new projects and initiatives while also being able to collaborate with others when needed to achieve goals
- Seen to take initiative and demonstrate responsibility
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of clinical trial software technology
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication (public speaking and teaching), presentation and writing skills
- Ability to overcome obstacles, troubleshoot and reach resolutions
- Collaborate well with other functions/departments
- Willingness for up to 30% national/international travel time
Your Education & Experience:
- Degree required or equivalent experience (preferred is BA, Science, Maths or Technical discipline)
- 1+ Years’ experience using SaaS platforms to deliver customized patient-centric solutions (ex eCOA, eConsent, Sensors)
- 1-3 Years’ experience working with technology in clinical research
- Medidata employees: At a minimum Implementation Consultant
- Experience supporting project teams (both internal and customer) and meeting project timelines
- Consulting/advising customers