United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The mission of the Technical Services Integrations Architect plays a critical role in Technical Services by ensuring the seamless integration of TS deliverables with evolving product software versions. Many of TS's deliverables rely heavily on product software, and changes in the platform and other Medidata software tools can impact TS's work. The Integrations Architect is responsible for monitoring changes in product and R&D's underlying infrastructure, assessing their effects on TS deliverables, and devising strategies to mitigate these impacts. Additionally, this role focuses on optimizing software deployment methods for TS deliverables.
- Develop and maintain high-level and detailed system architecture designs that align with the organization's strategic goals and technology stack.
- Ensure that system architecture meets scalability, reliability, and security requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to development teams, ensuring that architectural best practices are followed. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive architectural decisions.
- Design and implement integration solutions that connect various systems, applications, and data sources across the enterprise.
- Ensure seamless data flow and communication between different components of the ecosystem.
- Establish and enforce security best practices and protocols in system design and implementation.
- Evaluate and optimize system performance.
- Define data models and database schemas to support the organization's data requirements.
- Select and implement appropriate architectural patterns, such as microservices, event-driven architecture, or service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Diagnose and resolve complex technical issues and system outages.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Create and maintain architectural documentation, including system diagrams, technical specifications, and guidelines.
- Communicate architectural decisions and recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Evaluate and select third-party tools, frameworks, and technologies that align with the enterprise's needs and architecture.
- Identify and assess architectural risks, proposing mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and manage risks throughout the system development lifecycle.
- Facilitate the adoption of new technologies and architectural paradigms within the organization.
- Assist in managing organizational change related to technology implementations.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices.
- Apply new knowledge to improve system architecture and design.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including developers, engineers, business analysts, and project managers.
- Proficiency in designing and architecting complex enterprise-level systems, considering scalability, reliability, and security.
- The ability to create high-level and detailed system architecture diagrams.
- In-depth knowledge of various technologies, platforms, and programming languages relevant to the enterprise's technology stack.
- Familiarity with both on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure solutions.
- Expertise in integrating diverse systems, applications, and data sources across the enterprise.
- Knowledge of integration patterns and microservices.
- Strong understanding of security principles and the ability to design systems with robust security measures.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, encryption, and compliance standards.
- Skills in designing systems that can handle high loads and ensuring optimal system performance.
- Proficiency in data modeling strategies.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data lakes, and big data technologies.
- Familiarity with various architectural patterns microservices, and event-driven architecture.
- The ability to align technology solutions with business goals and objectives.
- Communication skills to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and lead technical projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex technical challenges.
- Troubleshooting and debugging expertise.
- Excellent documentation skills for creating architectural documents, diagrams, and technical specifications.
- Effective communication skills to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including developers, engineers, and business analysts.
- A commitment to staying updated on emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Evaluation and selection of third-party tools, frameworks, and technologies that align with the enterprise's needs.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with architectural decisions and system implementations.
- Helping the organization adapt to technological changes and new architectural paradigms.
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology) or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a SaaS company as either a software or systems engineer.
- Familiarity with software development processes such as Agile.
- Proficiency in cloud computing, microservices, and AWS.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong understanding of interdependencies between multiple software systems.
Experience in utilizing and testing REST APIs.
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $135,000 - $180,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $141,750 - $189,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $132,750 - $177,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $118,500 - $158,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $120,750 - $161,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off (subject to management discretion); and 10 paid holidays per year.