Lead Automation Engineer
Research & Development
India - MH, Pune
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and implement test automation frameworks as well as organize the construction and structure of test protocols
- Establish test methodologies, documentation, and acceptance criteria for manual testing or test automation frameworks.
- Analyse architecture and designs to identify test automation strategies to provide full test coverage for new and / or existing features. Identify and articulate gaps in architecture or design.
- Using coding standards, design and develop automated tests at varying levels of scope that implement tests for acceptance, integration, load, system, reliability, etc.
- Perform code reviews and follow software development best practices.
- Create and maintain documentation as it pertains to the test framework and test related artifacts.
- Configure, execute, and monitor results of automated suites within a CI infrastructure.
- Generate defect reports and verify correct technical fixes. Investigate / isolate root cause of defects.
- Develop and implement dashboards and quality metrics associated with test automation results.
- 10+ years of experience in a Software Test Automation role.
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech in computer science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Solid programming experience in one or more Object-Oriented languages.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and problem solving
- Design, develop, and implement test automation frameworks, including Pytest, Robot, WebDriverIO, etc.
- Experience with unit test frameworks or other integration test frameworks.
- Capability of communicating with cross-functional teams and taking charge of projects independently.
- Work closely with the rest of the QE team and provide technical guidance to peer Quality Engineers members as needed
- Lead and develop a skilled, motivated team by providing effective direction, coaching and motivation
- 5+ years of working with GIT revision control and software development methodologies.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development, Behavioural Driven Development, and data-driven test practices.
- AWS Experience
- Experience with CI / CD platforms, such as Jenkins, GoCD, Pipelines, etc.
- Knowledge on containerization using Docker
- Knowledge on ETL testing and API workflows
As a game-changer in sustainable technology and innovation, Dassault Systèmes is striving to build more inclusive and diverse teams across the globe. We believe that our people are our number one asset and we want all employees to feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. It is our goal that our people feel a sense of pride and a passion for belonging. As a company leading change, it’s our responsibility to foster opportunities for all people to participate in a harmonised Workforce of the Future.