Lead Data Engineer
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary platform and advanced analytics. At Medidata, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including product, delivery, data science, engineering, partnerships, and biostatistics. Successful Medidata AI candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication, and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people.
Who We're Looking For:
- Advanced skills in modern data architecture, data science engineering, data modeling and data quality using state-of-art cloud computing technologies (AWS).
- Hands-on experience in the latest breed of data ETL, automation and
- CICD technologies including Python, SQL and Git in a cloud setting.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-native data warehouse technologies like Snowflake.
- Skills in data analysis, insight generation and manipulation of structured and unstructured data sources. Experience with automated data quality frameworks.
- Collaborate with all levels of data science engineering technology personnel and senior leadership.
- Document and present work to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Commitment to creating rigorous, high-quality insights from data, at scale.
- You should be flexible / willing to work across matrixed delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications
- Development, Support and Deployment.
- Design and implement secure data pipelines into a Snowflake data warehouse from on premise and cloud data sources.
- Guide and review off-shore development team work providing coaching and coding feedback aligning to best practices set by the Data Science Engineering team.
Requirements (Education & Experience):
Undergraduate degree in a technical or scientific field, such as Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or similar
8+ years professional experience as a data scientist, data engineer, data analyst, or related role
Experience with clinical trial data is not required, but interest to learn and understand how these data improve medical research is paramount
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered close to 30,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $135,000 - $180,000
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.