Manager, Accounting (APAC)
Singapore - SGP, Singapore
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies.
Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
● Fully manages and oversees the daily operations of the general accounting function in the APAC region, while helping to establish best practices that will enable growth at scale.
● Manages month-end close activities, including ensuring that all balance sheet account reconciliations are performed and reviewed in a timely manner with all reconciling items clearly explained and supported, while maintaining necessary accruals and reserves for accurate monthly and annual results.
● Manages the timely completion of local statutory filing requirements as well as statutory audits and VAT audits.
● Manages 3rd party accounting firm and external audit firm relationships in each local jurisdiction. Works with Accounting Managers across other regions to ensure consistency in processes and procedures throughout the organization.
● Partners with regional Accounting Managers and/or other Finance leaders to support critical initiatives.
● Develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
● Well versed in IFRS - knowledge of local GAAP in Japan, Korea and Singapore a plus
● Advanced skills in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint Experience with Workday and Adaptive a plus
● Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both leading teams and projects Sound judgement when working through complex issues
● Ability to analyze, problem solve and clearly communicate observations and recommendations
● Clear, concise communications - both verbally and in writing to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's degree in Accounting
● 6+ years of industry experience or a combination of public accounting and industry experience
● 2+ years of team management experience