United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Rave RTSM is a mature, single-instance, multi-tenant web service that enables hundreds of clinical trials to manage their Randomization and Trial Supply Line Management (RTSM) needs. Our application is built with Ruby on Rails, uses a MySQL database and is hosted in AWS. Our front end uses HTML, CSS, React, jQuery and BootStrap. As a manager, and engineer, on Balance, you'll be challenged both to develop new features in response to market demand and improve the performance and scalability of the application to meet our rapidly growing user base.
Who we are looking for:
Medidata is looking for an experienced, hands-on engineering manager to lead a team of 5-7 engineers to design, implement, and enhance new features and functionality in one of Medidata’s fastest growing solutions -- Rave RTSM.
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization. Inspire, empower and motivate the team, leading by example.
- Help team members increase the breadth and depth of their technical and soft skills
- Perform personnel management tasks for all developers, including performance reviews, promotions, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
- Design and enhance features for a large-scale service environment using OO principles with a deep focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility
- Embrace test-driven development with complete code coverage and continuous integration
- Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs for service features
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
- Work with Agile team members, particularly Test and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive feature files
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Consistently execute against a product roadmap to deliver multiple features across the Rave RTSM portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their clinical trials
- Build relationships with product management, marketing, sales, and users to enable development teams to more effectively refine system requirements and size delivery efforts
- Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team regarding code reviews, software designs and all other engineering and business aspects
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Proven technical leadership regarding feature design, enhancement and implementation within a single-instance multi-tenant service environment
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied in a service environment
- Full-Stack software development experience architecting and building robust distributed systems that scale well
- Proven track record of meeting schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Strong analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong cross team collaboration skills
- Effective communication skills to relay technical information to various cross functional teams and clients
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS or Azure
- Bachelor's Degree with 4-5 years of relevant experience