Manager, Implementation Consulting (Remote)
SERVICES & CONSULTING
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Medidata Manager Implementation Consulting manages the
Implementation Consulting team for the assigned market segment
- Develop / maintain / refine technology adoption framework offerings.
- Participate in pre-sales cycle for prospective technology adoption clients to
customize offerings based upon best practices.
- Interview and hire full-time resources as well as maintain job descriptions
based upon approved business plan.
- Coach and develop Implementation Consulting staff and maintain a highly
effective and strong team.
- Conduct regular one-on-one and career development meetings with all direct
- Lead or facilitate department staff meetings.
- Define annual departmental/individual staff goals and conduct performance
- Provide guidance, leadership and training to staff on best practice/business
process development and maintenance.
- Provide guidance and best practices to Implementation Services staff to
increase and maintain technology adoption levels through organization.
- Serve as an example/role model to staff on technical, professional and
business acumen skills.
- Actively participate in all sales channels to assist in consulting leadership for
- Collaborate with Medidata Partners lead to ensure Partner Technology
adoption is in sync with Sponsor framework.
- Ensure that adequate technical documentation/reference materials are
created and maintained within Professional Services.
- Participate in customer meetings in a consultative manner in support of
Knowledge Transfer and customer-side business process change, as
customers begin adoption of Medidata software.
- Collaborate with Medidata University / Global Operational Excellence to
develop and deliver training materials on company processes and best
practice to sponsors for Work Streams
- Work with management to provide input on strategic direction for the OE
group, team needs and support requirements.
- Provide periodic departmental updates to Management.
- Provide departmental metrics to the Director.
- Review project timelines, allocate resources and resolve project/priority
- Responsible for team client facing utilization
- Promote strategic vision across all Medidata processes, focusing on
- Participate / Chair lessons learned on all Technology Adoption projects to
allow for formal review of delivered knowledge and adoption by sponsors.
- Serves as first point of escalation for issues within team
- Responsible for team execution, delivery and quality
- Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, specifically as they relate to data
collection, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of data management plans/customer specifications for
data entry screens, edit checks, custom reports and data integration
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features
into real world examples
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Ability to think logically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and time
- Solid analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
- Experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a
- Ability to deliver training/workshops both internally and to customers.
- Ability to identify/highlight issues and brainstorm solutions
- Responsible for execution and delivery
- Displays appropriate manager skill level to perform management functions
with little guidance
- Ability to strategize about direction of the larger team
- Ability to mentor new Associate Managers
Your Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree.
- Experience working in a regulated, documented environment.
- Relevant experience working with clinical trials in a data management-related
role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience implementing business process improvement initiatives and
managing processes with continuous improvement approach.
- Experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and negotiate competing priorities in a
- 5+ years of professional work experience in best practice and process
analysis/ development role.
- 2+ years experience in clinical trials/data management environment on
- 3+ years line management experience with direct, formal supervisory
responsibilities including performance reviews, hiring, mentoring/coaching, etc.
- SME level experience in industry and/or with the Medidata platform preferred
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $96,000-128,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $101,250-135,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $94,500-126,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $84,375-112,500.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $85,500-114,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.