Medidata Product Development Leader
India - MH, Pune
Imagine New Horizons
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data.
As an employee, you'll join vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy great career opportunities; be provided with training and education opportunities that you'll need to succeed; work on with best in class Products and biggest companies, helping everyone from various organizations work smarter.
You have dreams? You enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systemes, we empower people and energize passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERINCE virtual universes!
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS#3DSINDIALAB
What will your role be?
You are somebody who has a flair for product development, creating on cloud apps & services on web, mobile or even native applications across a spectrum of technologies like (C#, Ruby-on-Rails, React, Java/Scala, ETLs). You would be working together with some of the finest minds in the industry to design and architect software components with the highest level of quality.
You would be leading, inspiring your teams and fellow engineers with your technical knowhow, people skills and passion to change.
Your primary responsibilities will include hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications with C#, Ruby-on-Rails, React, Java/Scala, ETLs & AWS.
- Write, debug, and deploy frontend and backend code
- Drive architecture discussions and design decisions, with a focus on simplicity, maintainability, and scalability.
- Enforce refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review practices, in order to create maintainable, understandable code.
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders; collaborating with testers to ensure quality, and with product managers to turn great ideas into concrete, implementable requirements
- Delight our users by driving consistent improvement in our Platform's usability
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
Your Challenges ahead
- Be self-motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment
- Able to troubleshoot and debug microservices using distributed systems tracing, NewRelic or SumoLogic and other APMs, & log aggregating and reporting tools.
- Capable of developing useful modules and shared libraries (modules, packages) to solve common problems across projects.
- Technical competency in using middleware for tracing/observability, authentication/security, and service request & response monitoring.
- Understands and is able to setup and execute automated functional, load/performance and UI tests
Your key success factors:
We are looking for an experienced Product Development Engineer, with emphasis on development, to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality. In addition, an open-minded, communicative person, who is willing to work within a team of young professionals, with the following attributes:
- 8 to 15 years’ experience of services/application development using technologies like C#, Ruby-on-Rails, React, Java/Scala, ETLs along with sql/no-sql databases
- Experience developing and maintaining production applications
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and technologies a plus
- Experience working in a regulated environment or with clinical research processes a plus.