MEDIDATA R&D Monitoring Engineer
India - MH, Pune
Imagine New Horizon
Dassault Systemes’s Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients.
What will your job be?
The Monitoring Engineer function is responsible for performance, availability, and overall functionality of Medidata’s software applications and systems. The Engineer is one who works diligently to monitor infrastructure, application and end to end functionality of the products and work closely applicative team.
- Provide data analytics on the performance, availability and overall functionality of Medidata products.
- Plan, architect, design, develop, test, and implement new feature functionality for monitoring applications.
- Working with multiple projects across multiple technology stacks
- Performing statistical analysis (e.g., extrapolation and correlation) across different strata
- Work with Agile team members across organization to provide clear analysis on the performance, availability, and overall functionality.
The Challenges ahead / Your Competencies:
- Work with development teams at the highest levels and take the product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support while engaging to implement operational observability and alerting based on KPIs.
- Ability to deploy and maintain monitoring as code (development background)
- Identify, troubleshoot, and debug defects in integrations, scripts and alert query logic.
- Experience participating in product and/or service reviews and evaluations.
- Ability to design intuitive user interfaces and dashboards.
- Deliver the required functionality in an agreed upon timely manner / work in an modified Scrum environment.
Your Education & Experience:
- BS, CS or MIS Degree or equivalent experience in related roles
- Experience with use of SolarWinds, Sumologic, Sysdig and CloudWatch in an enterprise environment including queries, alerting, reporting and creation of dashboards.
- Experience in the development of solutions to integrate to a SDLC as part of an integrated DevOps environment.
- Experience working with APIs (REST, XML, JSON and Web Services, third party Web API).
- Experience in design and development of enterprise scripts using PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Experience using automation tools such as Lambda, Rundeck, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions to protect our production environment.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong aspiration to learn new technologies
- Proven strong relationship-building and communication skills with team members and business users.